Problems that Microneedling Addresses:
- Wrinkles and Fine lines
- Textural issues
- Enlarged pores
- Scars as Acne Scars, Surgical Scars, Wound Scars
- Pigmentation issues as sun damage, hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation
- Stretch Marks
- Pilaris Keratosis or other benign skin bumps or unevenness
- Skin tightness and quality issues
Advantages over Resurfacing with Lasers:
- Does not use heat to create the micro channels; it uses a mechanical alternative. This means less downtime: ie: resurfacing lasers, on some skin types, result in more extensive post inflammatory edema and erythema (swelling and redness).
- The post treatment healing response time is reduced and so are the overall pain and side effects reduced such as the sunburn feeling, swelling, redness, and peeling. Meaning you can get the treatment and still go to work the next day and look and feel fine.
- Due to the additional advantage of adding serums to the treatment, these serums can greatly enhance the repair by building more collagen and elastin, reducing pigmentation issues with lightening serums and accelerating this process with Growth Factor serum.
Technical Information About this Technology:
“The Eclipse MicroPen® Elite is fantastic! I was in no pain, and I could go back to work the same day. After a few days, my skin was so soft, and the texture had improved dramatically.” ~ Kathleen Y.
What is automated Micro-Needling?
Automated micro-needling (also known as Collagen Induction Therapy or CIT) is a new innovation in aesthetics for the treatment of the appearance of fine lines, acne scars and the skin’s texture, tone and color. During this procedure, the Eclipse MicroPen® Elite is used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to aid in the production of collagen and elastin. The skin’s repair process results in a thicker epidermis with a softer appearance of wrinkles.
What are the benefits?
Reduction in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, improved skin tone and texture and softer, younger-looking skin with fewer signs of aging. MicroPen® Elite can help improve the appearance of hyper-pigmentation as well as uneven skin tone, acne scars, traumatic scars and stretch marks.
What areas of the body can I treat?
MicroPen® Elite can be used on all parts of the body, including the: face, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back.
How is the procedure done?
A sterile cartridge-tip containing 12 tiny micro-tips is attached to the Eclipse MicroPen® Elite. Your skincare professional will apply a thin layer of topical gel to your skin and select the appropriate treatment pen seeing based on your unique needs. Next, in a single motion, the pen will be gently pressed against the skin while simultaneously gliding in one direction until the entire treatment area has been covered.
What does it feel like?
The feeling associated with the Eclipse MicroPen® Elite is similar to sandpaper being moved across the skin. While some areas are more sensitive than others, the speed of the reciprocating cartridge tip makes the treatment more comfortable.
How long does the procedure take?
The procedure takes 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the area treated.
What is the downtime?
Immediately after the treatment, you will notice a bright redness to the skin. The total recovery time depends on the position of the pen and the number of overlapping passes your skincare professional performs. On average, patients are red for 2-4 days. Some patients heal completely in 24 hours. Utilizing the Eclipse Dermal Recovery System™ post treatment can speed up the healing process.
When will I see the results?
Patients notice an immediate “glow” to their skin. Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several weeks. Results can continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment as collagen production continues.
How many treatments will I need?
Some patients only require a single treatment once a year to achieve optimal results. However, it is recommended for most patients to receive a series of 2-3 treatments spaced about 6-8 weeks apart. For patients with concerns about deep wrinkles, advanced photo-aging, stretch marks or acne scars, it is recommended to receive 6-8 sessions at 6-week intervals.
• Minimal Downtime
• Minimal Discomfort
• Safe for Most Skin Types
• Natural Results
MicroPen® Patient Review:
“I look forward to every treatment, because I see results immediately. All of my friends compliment me on my skin now, and I am so happy. I have had many other treatments before to treat my acne scars, and nothing worked as well as the MicroPen® Elite. I would highly recommend it to anyone!” ~ Elizabeth K.